We hope this blog will allow family and friends to see how fast our four kiddos are growing!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
New Things
Noah is rapidly starting to put things together, it is so neat to watch him try to process things and figure them out. He no longer is content to sit in front of the cupboards and play with the pots and pans. Instead, he will take them all out, and bring them to me one by one to put up on the stove. At first I thought he was just giving them to me, but he got very angry when I wouldn't put the pots on the stove. I finally figured it out when he continually would point and make the sign for "hot" all the while trying to lift the heavy pan up onto the stove himself (thankfully he is not an inch taller!). Needless to say at any point now we have several pots and pans piled on the burners of the stove... Two nights ago when it was really hot and muggy here I had hung some of Noah's clothes out to dry (the washer/dryer are in his room and it was way too hot!), so before his bath I let him run around on the porch naked while I folded his clothes. He found his little ball and started kicking and chasing it all by himself. He knows not to go by the grill, so when the ball went near it he would stop and point, I would pick it up for him and when I tried to hand it to him he wouldn't take it until I put it on the floor for him to kick. This was so interesting to watch since I am not sure if Gabe or I have ever really showed him kicking. I initially thought that he was just bending down to pick up the ball and would miss, but he was purposefully kicking it (or to be more accurate, hitting the ball with his foot)... soccer player???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment