Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sick Day




Noah was quite sick on Tuesday (a cold that I, of course, brought home and had myself first:)).  I could do nothing to get him to stop screaming, so after the first painful 2 hours of the morning I gave in and we had a "breaking all the rules" day:)  He finally stopped crying when I turned on Sesame Street... 45 minutes of quiet playing was great.  Then we baked cookies... Noah LOVES to  cook... he loves to add ingredients, turn on the mixer, mix with the spatula, and TASTE. For the first time ever I let him do all of these things... I was really relying on the oven to kill all of the contaminants he added from the drool to the sneezing to the finger sampling.  I also decided to take the risk that the E. coli in the raw eggs wouldn't bother him:) As you can see we both had a great time... me teaching him all of the tricks of raw dough eating and he reaping the benefits... The cookies actually turned out pretty well for his first try!

No comments: