Normally in the winter we are sick pretty much continuously. The kids will have a runny nose for months, stopping just long enough so that we know that a new cold is starting. As a product of the kids being in daycare and us working in pediatrics, it is just something we accept. Well, this week has been a bit heavy on the illness, even for us. Two Saturdays ago James started with a rash and I with a sore throat, then by Monday, I too had the rash... scarlet fever (strep throat with a rash). By Wednesday Noah had it too... luckily nothing a 10 day course of Amoxicillin can't fix. I thought, ok, everyone is on meds, we should be good for at least a week. Friday night at 11pm- James starts vomiting (and not just a little) so he "slept" on my chest for the night. This marks the 3rd round of the GI bug for us this year. By Sunday James was looking way better (except for some diarrhea, but we happily take that over the vomiting), we had been extra careful not to spread germs, and we were preparing for our Superbowl party. At 3:30 pm Gabe says to me, "I am not feeling well". I thought he was kidding since we had been talking about canceling the party for the previous day... nope. I immediately sent him into quarantine in the cellar and he emerged Monday at around noon... it was rough. I did get to enjoy all of the Superbowl food we had made for 12 people all by myself:) Here is to hoping that things will look up from here... or at the very least we will get a little bit of a break.
When I sat down to write this post I thought that I didn't have any pictures, but to my pleasant surprise I did. A few weeks ago Hillary braved the snow to come home for a long weekend from college. After many delays and sleeping at Logan Airport she arrived and we got to spend a few hours bringing her to meet Holly in Augusta. To kill some time we checked out the Augusta Childrens museum. The word museum in this title is a bit misleading, but it was a fun little play space for the kids to enjoy for a bit. They really liked the diner best. Thanks for a fun trip Hill!
No comments:
Post a Comment