Sunday, January 15, 2012

Brothers/Best Friends








I fully realize that there may come a time when they don't want to have anything to do with each other, but I am relishing this time when they truly like to be around each other. A few days ago Noah said to me, "Mom, do you know who my best friend is? It is James, I love him".  So sweet!  Since James's move into a big bed, I think that they have become closer.... it may have something to do with James preferring to sleep with Noah;)  At first Noah would tell me that he had to keep telling James to stay in his own bed, but I finally realized and told him that it was ok for James to stay in his bed, but only if it was ok with him.  He responded "YAY"!  That night we found them in the above picture... both sleeping after what appears to be Noah reading a book to James. I have found them both in Noah's bed several times now. They are both so loving and caring towards each other and Benjamin that it sometimes makes me want to cry, to realize how blessed we are! 

They do fight... ALOT... and I have had my second significant "I am a mom of three boys" moment.  Wrestling... it has started.... I remember wrestling/fighting with my sister, but it was usually when we were mad about something.  Two nights ago while I was picking up after supper and doing some other things they "wrestled" for over 45 minutes.  I kept waiting for someone to get tired and start crying because they didn't want to participate any more, but it didn't happen.  They were totally exhausted at bed time.  There was no hitting or bitting or head butting or even hard falls.... just wrestling in every room of the house. One would come up behind the other and push them down... I have actually never heard them laugh to hard together.  I was picturing all three kids (and lets be honest Gabe too) at 8, 10 & 12 wrestling in the house and destroying the furniture... maybe I will build a nice little apartment separate from our main living area that will stay clean, with the toilet seat always down, and where I can display things that I would prefer not to be broken..... :) 

The last picture is how I found James last night when I went in to check on him:)

No comments: