Monday, February 11, 2013

Florida 2013- Part 1







We made it out of Boston on our original flight... that was about the only upside.... we have certainly had much worse flying experiences, but flying with an active 18 month old at nap time was unpleasant to say the least (I thought he would sleep, and he may have, but being delayed for an hour on the runway without moving didn't help).  Other parents, I am sure, can appreciate that your only goal when flying with a toddler is that they aren't "that kid" who screams and is out of control the whole flight... they just have to do better in comparison to "that kid" on the flight... well Ben set the bar high enough that all of the other parents could breathe a sigh of relief that their child was doing beautifully in comparison... this mother and big brother Noah, however, were mortified.  Daddy and James were about 10 rows back on the opposite side and were able to pretend that they didn't know who that obnoxious child belonged to.   The flight attendant was indignant when I told her that no, he didn't use a pacifier or take a bottle... oh well.... we will never see those passengers again and they will have something to complain about when they get home;)  

Other than Ben's dislike for flying things have gone very smoothly and we are so happy to see the sun! Today we spent the day "recovering" and checking out all our resort has to offer.  The kids LOVE the water park (pics to follow later I hope), the playground with sand and the paddle boats... I think this is going to be a relaxing week!  The plan is to brave Disney tomorrow..... 

No comments: