On the last day of our trip we had Audrey baptized. It was a bit last minute, as when I was packing for our trip I noticed her christening gown which I had bought months ago and realized that it may not fit her for long... luckily my church loves me and agreed to fit us in on that Sunday. All of the kids did very well during church and Ben did... as well as you can expect any active 2 yo to do;) Fortunately for us this is the church I grew up in, was baptized in, we were married in, and all of our children have been baptized in, so they were probably more tolerant... or maybe it was because we bring food... either way... You will have to excuse the size of the top picture, but it is one of our favorites.
Following the service we hosted the coffee hour and were able to visit with old friends and some family. After that we all headed back up to Grammy and Grampy's for a get-to-gether to celebrate. Audrey didn't agree with this plan and no sooner than everyone arrived she decided that it was past time for a nap, so we all enjoyed visiting while she slept. We had an attempted family picture which kind of went ok... better than nothing;) The disappointing thing this time around was that we were unable to take pictures in the church afterwards because there was a funeral moving in. Luckily, I had taken some pictures of Audrey in her dress at home in the event that things got a bit chaotic on that day... imagine that;)
All in all we had a wonderful visit to the Katahdin area and were very fortunate that we were able to visit with all of the family and friends that we did! Thank you so much to both of our parents for hosting our brood!








No comments:
Post a Comment