Sunday, January 19, 2014

January Happenings

 
 


 

 
 

Noah's first day back at school after Christmas break was a snow day, so we got one more day of fun play.  We finally got to make a snowman since it was not snow falling from the sky, but freezing rain. There was an argument at the end of building this snowman about if it was a naked snowman with a belly button (one blackberry on the belly)- James, or if he had a coat on (3 blackberries on the belly)- Noah;)  The warmer weather has allowed us to pick away (literally) at our driveway.  It took 4 days, but we finally chipped away the 3-6 inch thick ice that covered the driveway.  Gabe and I could make it up the driveway, but with difficulty and a "running" start.  We had a babysitter, a furnace guy and the UPS man all have a difficult time making it up as well.  When even the suburban couldn't make it and went off the driveway we knew it was time to tackle it.  The before and after pictures are probably only impressive to us and I will probably cry the next time it snows, but for now it is done!

In other unrelated events, James continues to have a very special bond with Audrey and LOVES making her laugh. Ben still struggles with language, but can usually get his point across, he can't pronounce "Audrey" or instead calls her what phonetically sounds like "aww-doe".  James and Noah got to use James's umbrella when I got them off the bus last Friday.  Ben continues to pose his dinosaurs everywhere.  Ben has also started doing some crazy things at nap time which has caused us to remove most furniture from his room.  This picture is how I found him... sleeping sitting up in an overturned changing table (I didn't even hear him pull it over).  The other picture was of him sleeping with the shoes he insisted on keeping on:) The boys all decided to take a backwards bath. Noah and James had "fancy day" at school where they dressed up, music played at lunch and they ate their lunch on placemats.  Tonight James chose salad for supper and was so proud that he requested that I take a picture.  He ate almost all of it and said, "Look, I am a grown-up now!".

Lastly, this weekend Nannie, Aunt Amy, Trey and Lily came to visit.  We went down to the pond and everyone at least tried skating, but Ben, Trey and Lily enjoyed being pulled around in the sled much more;)  Thanks for visiting guys!

No comments: