Gabe took some vacation time at the beginning of this week so we continued our "stay-cation". Monday we made puppets inspired by the festival at UMF last weekend. The requirement, per the kids, was for a castle, a little boy, a king, a queen, a knight and a dragon ("to chase the little boy back into the castle saying ahhhh!"). During nap time Noah, James and I took on painting the clubhouse... this really stretched the limits on my patience;) Once I gave in and embraced the mess deciding that we would just paint over the floor spills with gray paint things got better. James some how managed to step in the paint not once, but twice leaving footprints everywhere. The kids picked specific colors and decided on the pattern themselves and they are pretty proud of the results. After painting the boys and I went outside to slide and snowshoe in the yard. I put the extra pair of snowshoes on Ben just to see if he could do it and he just took off on them... I didn't have to carry him once. Another win for his bigger size! The snow has gotten so high that it is almost up to the fencing keeping the kids in the yard... We also spent some time digging out the swings and making them higher so everyone could still swing.
Tuesday we went ice skating in the morning, took the kids to the library and out to lunch. Nannie arrived for a visit at lunch time and got to enjoy the boys and their new obsession with "little" legos. After nap time, in an effort to make sure the kids are super tired at night, just like real vacation, we went bowling. Ben showed us that he needs to be a bit older before bowling again, but everyone had fun just the same;)
Wednesday morning we took Nannie on a great snowshoeing adventure to the back of our property (Ben walked almost the entire way on his own). After playing outside for a bit we made a campfire and roasted hot dogs for lunch. That afternoon Gabe and I took Noah skiing for my inaugural run on my "new to me" skis. Noah is way better than I am, but I got the hang of it pretty quickly;) Noah even met one of his classmates there and had a great time skiing for the afternoon with him.
We will see what the rest of the week holds as we continue to check things off our February vacation bucket list... basketball tournaments hopefully!






No comments:
Post a Comment