This year's Turkey Trot was significant for Noah because it signified that he had come full circle with his running. It was at this race last year that he set the goal for himself to be able to run in a 5K. James had also been training to run his 1 mile fun run which he was so excited for. In the days leading up to the race I tried to convince both kids to opt out of the race, but neither of them would change their mind. So, with Gabe on call and cloudy, windy weather at 35 degrees out, we ran. James did great in his race and seemed unfazed by the weather. Once again, the men's basketball team ran with the kids to motivate them and made it all the more special. Noah and I had a bit more difficult run and I was afraid that he would decide not to run after that race, but instead he, very insightfully, realized that he needs to train a bit more before running that far. All in all, Noah seems to feel very accomplished and I am so proud that he set such a goal for himself and attained it. He is already talking about which races he is going to run in next spring/summer:)
We hope this blog will allow family and friends to see how fast our four kiddos are growing!
Saturday, November 22, 2014
Turkey Trot 2014
This year's Turkey Trot was significant for Noah because it signified that he had come full circle with his running. It was at this race last year that he set the goal for himself to be able to run in a 5K. James had also been training to run his 1 mile fun run which he was so excited for. In the days leading up to the race I tried to convince both kids to opt out of the race, but neither of them would change their mind. So, with Gabe on call and cloudy, windy weather at 35 degrees out, we ran. James did great in his race and seemed unfazed by the weather. Once again, the men's basketball team ran with the kids to motivate them and made it all the more special. Noah and I had a bit more difficult run and I was afraid that he would decide not to run after that race, but instead he, very insightfully, realized that he needs to train a bit more before running that far. All in all, Noah seems to feel very accomplished and I am so proud that he set such a goal for himself and attained it. He is already talking about which races he is going to run in next spring/summer:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment