Monday, January 11, 2016

Ice and Art







We have some snow, although much below what we would expect at this time of year. The chickens are getting a little stir crazy and aren't sure what to do in the snow.  We shoveled them a path, but the top picture is of Peck stuck up on the fence because she wouldn't walk in the snow... We have been enjoying some great skating on the pond with friends.  The lack of leaves on the trees allows us beautiful sunset views in the evening!

Now that we have, mostly, settled into homeschooling, I am trying to be better about some subjects that we haven't given much attention to.  I found an art/art history book that we are all really excited about.  Ben has actually been the most outgoing about learning this and puts his siblings to shame when it comes to remembering artist's names and facts about their lives.  On this particular day we were learning about Giotto.  The kids made their own paint from egg yolks and chalk.  It was a really fun project and turned out much better than I could have hoped for!

No comments: