What a week we have had! I signed the kids up for the Challenger soccer camp last spring mainly because it is one of the only camps all of the kids could participate in. Back in April, I checked a box that said we may want to host a coach. Well, I didn't hear anything and presumed that they didn't need us to host, so I forgot about it. Until the Wednesday before they arrived that is... I know, I could have said no, which is what my mind was saying since we were leaving the next day until Sunday (which is when they were arriving), but I said yes to hosting both coaches instead. We had the space and we are trying to make a real effort to expose our kids to as much as we can from rural Maine. England and Ireland are not countries much different from ours, but they are not the US and the kids learned so much this week about the two countries. I also think that it helps their education immensely to be able to actually interact with someone from that country and to be able to ask them questions in a casual manner.
Luke had been in the US since April, but Ciaran just arrived less than 24 hours before he made it to our house. Needless to say, the kids loved having two more adults in the house to play with them. We had a very full week of camp in the morning and adventures with the coaches in the afternoon. They ate their first lobsters and we made sure to expose them to fluff, Moxie and s'mores. The weather wasn't in full cooperation in the evening they tried to paddleboard/kayak, but they got the experience none the less. We even tried to take them out on the boat for some tubing/waterskiing, but it was not meant to be since our trim wouldn't go down. So, instead, we took a nice slow ride around the lake and headed home. Gabe left mid-week for some golfing, so I was pretty proud of myself for getting the boat in and out of the lake without him:) We had a wonderful week and look forward to next year. Thanks Ciaran and Luke!!


























No comments:
Post a Comment