Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve 2016





A few days ago Ben lost his first tooth.  He had been wiggling it a lot, so I asked him if he wanted me to try and pull it out.  He said yes, so I went upstairs to get a gauze pad. When I came back down stairs this is what I saw.  He reached in and just yanked it out all by himself! I felt a little disappointed that he robbed me of being able to pull out a tooth, but I was mostly proud that he wasn't afraid to do it himself;)

We have enough snow for sledding this week.  Last year, the day before Christmas the kids also had the sleds out, but they weren't wearing coats and were trying to sled on the grass!

Gabe had to work part of the day on Christmas Eve, but made it home in time to make some soups and practice to sing in the choir with the boys at the Christmas Eve church service.  For the first year, Audrey was finally old enough to participate in setting the treats out for Santa and opening the Christmas Eve gift.  In years past she has been a complete mess needing to go right to bed after church, but she is growing up to handle it better now:)

No comments: