We spent most of Tuesday recovering from our trip. It was great to have a low key day to regroup and get some laundry done. Wednesday Gabe was at work so the kids and I took a trip down to the Maine Wildlife Park. It really never disappoints there with so many native Maine animals including moose, deer, black bears, skunks and (the kids favorite) the albino raccoon. It was warmer this day, so we got home and spent the rest of the day in the pool. Audrey finally has gotten up the courage to swim with just one bubble AND to go under water.
Thursday I had to bring the kids to a meeting at church which we followed with a tennis lesson for the older boys and more exploring around Farmington. Friday it rained, all day. It turned out to be a welcome break. Gabe, Noah and James introduced Sha to Risk, so they spent most of the day playing while Ben and Audrey were happily having a picnic and playing upstairs. We finished the day with a few Harry Potter movies.
Saturday the kids and I went up to Kingfield and tried out the Maine Huts and Trails system. I had not ever done this before and it is a really amazing set-up of huts and trails that cover the area. We chose to just "hike" along the shore of Flagstaff Lake into the Flagstaff hut. The whole walk along the lake was beautiful and we got to have lunch on the rocks at the beach. The kids played for so long I thought we would never leave. Next time I will certainly be more prepared with bathing suits! Sunday was Sha's last full day with us and we spent the day on boating and tubing on Androscoggin Lake. We had a picnic lunch on one of the black sand islands and finished the day at the Bennett's house for BBQ.
We had a wonderful two weeks with Sha this year and were so sad to see him head home. Thanks for coming Sha!
Thursday I had to bring the kids to a meeting at church which we followed with a tennis lesson for the older boys and more exploring around Farmington. Friday it rained, all day. It turned out to be a welcome break. Gabe, Noah and James introduced Sha to Risk, so they spent most of the day playing while Ben and Audrey were happily having a picnic and playing upstairs. We finished the day with a few Harry Potter movies.
Saturday the kids and I went up to Kingfield and tried out the Maine Huts and Trails system. I had not ever done this before and it is a really amazing set-up of huts and trails that cover the area. We chose to just "hike" along the shore of Flagstaff Lake into the Flagstaff hut. The whole walk along the lake was beautiful and we got to have lunch on the rocks at the beach. The kids played for so long I thought we would never leave. Next time I will certainly be more prepared with bathing suits! Sunday was Sha's last full day with us and we spent the day on boating and tubing on Androscoggin Lake. We had a picnic lunch on one of the black sand islands and finished the day at the Bennett's house for BBQ.
We had a wonderful two weeks with Sha this year and were so sad to see him head home. Thanks for coming Sha!















No comments:
Post a Comment