Sunday, August 5, 2018

Blueberry Festival 2018












This year's Blueberry Festival was quite a mixed bag!  Friday during the day and the road race in the evening it was so hot and humid we were hoping it would rain and never did. Saturday we thought it wouldn't stop raining! Regardless, we had a super fun time. We spent Friday at the kid's games, getting fire truck rides and face painting.

Friday evening we all got some exercise.  Audrey and I ran the kids 1 mile fun run and she finished with an awesome time for being 5 (24th place overall 9:39!).  She was super determined throughout the entire race!  James, Ben, and I ran the 5K with our friend Suzanne who was celebrating finishing treatments for cancer.  Ben voluntarily ran a 5K, his first, with minimal complaints!  He doesn't seem too happy to run another though, so we will see what happens there:)  I gave Noah the choice to run the 5K with us or to run the 10K on his own... I was proud that he chose the solo 10K as a challenge to himself.  He has never run more than a 5K solo before and I was a little nervous about him being able to pace himself on such a hilly, challenging course. He pushed himself and finished in 58:18! That was several minutes faster than I thought he would do it, especially without someone running beside him!

Saturday morning it rained. Not just a little rain, but torrential downpour rain.  Just when we thought it couldn't rain any harder it did!  But the parade went on rain or shine, so kudos to those parade participants who stuck it out.  It still lasted almost 45 minutes.  Per usual it was a really enjoyable parade. Everyone was soaked after though so we cut our day short and went home to dry out... Gabe was grateful to have been working and miss this part of the festival;)  

No comments: