In their down time, the kids can often be found creating elaborate scenes (lego or otherwise), especially James and Ben. This particular one is depicting the Battle of the Alamo from the book "Alamo All Stars" by Nathan Hale. We actually have video of them describing the scene too and almost every single army man is a specific person from the book. I am always amazed how much history they learn, retain, and enjoy from these books!
THE WESTERN MAINE PLAY MUSEUM HAS FINALLY OPENED! After 6 years of fundraising and not being sure if this project would actually come to fruition, it has finally happened. I have actually spent most of the summer painting and getting exhibits up and running for opening weekend. The kids were so thrilled to finally be able to play here and couldn't get enough of the exciting new space. I anticipate we will have many more adventures here in the coming months.




No comments:
Post a Comment