Friday, October 15, 2010

Yoke Pond & Turtle Ridge















Gabe had to work all weekend and Columbus Day so the kids and I took a trip north.  There are lots of things I should have done that weekend (the kids may not have Halloween costumes this year if I keep procrastinating), but instead we visited with lots of family and got lots of good exercise hiking.  On Sunday we took a ride up and around the Jo-Mary area.  It was BEAUTIFUL!!  We hiked turtle ridge which I thought my mom had done before since she suggested it, but no... we eventually found the trail and it turned out to be a great hike.  Noah was a trooper and hiked the whole way (1.2 mi round trip) with roots, rocks and all.  He only feel once, but kept going (Thankfully!). In the top picture he is showing James a rock. And, as you can see, he has gone from a crippling fear of heights to wanting to climb up on the highest rock... not without fear, but you can tell that he is fighting his fear more and more:)

No comments: