Thursday, June 16, 2011

Starting Summer- 2011





We have all had a pretty stressful 2 months here.  Gabe has been working a lot which makes things harder on everyone, but we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  We have lots to look forward to in the next few weeks!  James turns 2 tomorrow, Father's Day is just a few days away and Gabe has the day off, Noah is starting summer camp, N & J are starting swimming lessons, and Gabe and I will celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary in a few weeks.  And that is just June:)  I assume that I will have lots of pictures to add after this weekend, so I wanted to get caught up before then.

The weather has been really hit or miss, but the kids and I have found lots to do both inside and out.  We started our community garden plot again and are doing mostly things from seed this year... we will see how that goes.  We have tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, rainbow chard, carrots and green beans.  The lettuce outside our front door is growing like crazy and we are eating it already and the herb garden here is starting to grow faster than I can use.  We are also very much looking forward to strawberry picking which starts next week.  The kids are playing together more and more now, and although the "rough housing" has started, they are more often than not making each other laugh when they play by themselves.  James continues to love to play with the little cars... I can no longer put anything on this shelf b/c he will throw it off to line up his cars:)  Noah loves to play pretend and it is so funny to watch James "pretend" with Noah, in reality he has not idea what is happening, but anything that his big brother does he insists on doing too.... I am counting down the days until he figures out how to crawl out of his crib... Happy Summer!!  

No comments: