Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Harmonica and the Piggy Bank

Noah and I ran some errands together today at naptime.  While shopping the clearance sales at the Gap Noah found a harmonica for $2.50, so I let him buy it. He was pretty excited about it and couldn't wait to show Gabe, James and Ben. When showing Gabe and I how he could play, he looked at us thoughtfully and said, "The next nice day I would like to take my harmonica and piggy bank outside". I thought he was talking about the Curious George episode where George found household things to make music, so I asked him. He said no and embarrassed, he walked away. Gabe figured it out that he wanted to sit outside, play his harmonica and put his piggy bank out so people could put money into it for his playing.  He came back in the kitchen and told his plan to us again and we asked him if he wanted people to put money into his bank for playing the harmonica.  He got a huge smile on his face and said "Yes!". He then ran to get his piggy bank and sat it on the couch to get it ready. He asked Gabe to help him take the bandana off from around the pigs neck. Gabe asked why, to which Noah replied, "I don't want my piggy bank to look silly".   OH MY GOODNESS!!!  It was so cute that I wanted to cry... I hope someone will come and put some money in the piggy bank on the next nice day..........:)

No comments: