Well this big guy is 9 months old today! He is such a fun kid with a great, easy going personality. He is moving around a bit more which he is so happy about. He loves eating grass....... what can I say... I am holding out strong hope that he will be the first one to like greens. (as a disclaimer I did remove that handful of grass he is eating in the picture, but he does still manage to poop out a few blades every now and then;)) He continues to be a great eater and now mostly refuses pureed foods with a strong preference for anything he can feed himself. He has been moved into the big boys room which everyone is adjusting too, but so far so good. I find it really cool to watch him play and interact with his brothers. He has this really neat "quiet persistence" about him. If there is something he is trying to get or manipulate he just quietly and calmly picks away at it until he has accomplished it without ever getting frustrated. Now, the downside to this is that he can often be sneaky... I think that he is just quietly playing, but he is actually picking all of the food out from under the fridge or climbing up on the fire place or in James's bed pulling all of the decorations off the wall... things I always think he could never reach... this is an advantage of being the size of a 2 year old at 9 months. He continues to be very easy going, Gabe and I are blown away at how adaptable he is to taking a nap wherever or just skipping it, either way he is totally happy!
The other really neat thing to watch develop, now that he is much more interactive, is his relationship with each of his brothers. Noah is certainly much more the caregiver/nurturer type who always thinks about what he might need or like to do and looks to teach him lots of new things. Benjamin love to watch Noah and really seems to soak in all that he does. The James/Ben relationship is already one we can tell that will give us the most stress/grief over the years. They seem to have the connection about how funny mischief is and love to provoke and laugh at each other for doing inappropriate things. It is really cute to watch, but if they are both laughing it is usually a red flag;)
No comments:
Post a Comment