Last weekend Gabe had his very first 60 hour weekend shift as an attending...... we thought it better if the kids and I weren't around;) He actually had a pretty manageable weekend to get his feet wet. Thanks to my parents camper we were able to make it to Bar Harbor again this year, we even got Grandpa, Aunt Amy, Trey and the Pelkeys to come with us. There were plenty of boats to be seen. James hiked to the top of Bubble Mountain all by himself for the first time, which made me more than happy to not have to carry him on the round trip. It was a bit of a rocky start as he fell twice in the first 500 feet and I thought for sure it was over, but after some gentle persuasion he made it. I didn't give him the chance to hike down because I didn't want to push my luck, but maybe next time. Now if we can only get Benjamin to walk up............ Saturday afternoon we took a lobster boat ride on the Miss Samantha (BTW I would highly recommend this for those with little ones since kiddos under 6 are free!!!). Noah and James were beyond excited when they pulled up some lobster traps... It was a very similar experience to a lobster fishing book they have, so they said many times, "that is just like in our book". Trey was not overly impressed with the mountain or the boat ride, but he did have the time of his life playing with Ben in the camper while they should have been napping...... the two of them with no nap was unpleasant at times;)
While we were camping Noah and James did not sleep together and I think that they missed each other because our first night home I found James asleep in Noah's bed and the next night Noah asleep in James's bed. The last picture is of Noah pulling his brothers around on the cooler pretending they were going on a place ride..... to my pleasant surprise this actually didn't scratch the floors:)
While we were camping Noah and James did not sleep together and I think that they missed each other because our first night home I found James asleep in Noah's bed and the next night Noah asleep in James's bed. The last picture is of Noah pulling his brothers around on the cooler pretending they were going on a place ride..... to my pleasant surprise this actually didn't scratch the floors:)
No comments:
Post a Comment