We spent this Labor Day weekend staying at what our kids have named "the Clubhouse". Our very generous friends opened up their camp in Belgrade Lakes to us once again and, amazingly, it didn't rain... the whole weekend anyway which is a big improvement over the last visit. In fact, we had so much fun and were so relaxed I didn't take a single picture...... not one. The boys obviously missed each other though because this is how we found them on our first night back at home. We took full advantage of relaxing, playing with our friends, boat riding and fishing:) K & A took us all out in their 15ft (+/-) aluminum boat with a full 6 hp engine fit for a day of leisurely boating..... We didn't fully think about how wet we would get in the slightly choppy water with 4 adults and 5 boys weighing the boat down... Noah talks about it as being the "most fun boat ride with a crazy driver"... he was sitting in the very front by himself and definitely took the brunt of the water:) We were also fortunate to be able to take a "bigger boat" ride on the Sheepscot River where James was thrilled to see lots of buoy balls and lobster traps. With any time away from home the boys probably most enjoy just playing with other kids and the "new to them" toys. Thanks guys for a great weekend!
The bottom picture is a painting by Noah of "Daddy". Two conversations have happened recently that made me laugh AND I got to write them down in the moment.
Gabe to Noah: "I have told you three times [to get your shoes on] you need to be a better listener."
Noah (exasperated): "I was listening, I just didn't want to."
~this was an interesting insight into the workings of his mind;)
Noah was helping James get his flip flops on to go outside. James doesn't usually wear his flip flops because they don't stay on his feet, but this day he wanted to because Noah was.
James (mad): "my flip flops"
Jen: "Noah is helping you put them on"
James: "ok"
Noah: "Put your foot here James. Now crawl your toes in like a crab. Good job! Now, crawl them in further while I work on the other foot. That's great, just like a crab!"
James: "thanks Noah"
**Crabs are James's favorite animals... maybe Noah will be a teacher some day...:)
The bottom picture is a painting by Noah of "Daddy". Two conversations have happened recently that made me laugh AND I got to write them down in the moment.
Gabe to Noah: "I have told you three times [to get your shoes on] you need to be a better listener."
Noah (exasperated): "I was listening, I just didn't want to."
~this was an interesting insight into the workings of his mind;)
Noah was helping James get his flip flops on to go outside. James doesn't usually wear his flip flops because they don't stay on his feet, but this day he wanted to because Noah was.
James (mad): "my flip flops"
Jen: "Noah is helping you put them on"
James: "ok"
Noah: "Put your foot here James. Now crawl your toes in like a crab. Good job! Now, crawl them in further while I work on the other foot. That's great, just like a crab!"
James: "thanks Noah"
**Crabs are James's favorite animals... maybe Noah will be a teacher some day...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment