Monday, September 17, 2012

Noah's First Day of Kindergarten!





Well, it has finally happened..... we officially have a "school aged child". Noah started Kindergarten last Monday.  So, to be honest we have all survived the first week... I have just been a bit slow to blog it:)  Daddy was able to take the morning off from work to walk to school with us.  We live too close to school for bus service, so we walk him to school each day.  I was really excited that we didn't have to deal with the whole riding the bus thing (and I still am glad he doesn't have to ride the bus), but the reality of walking to the school and back at least twice during the day and rearranging nap time/getting everyone ready and out of the house on time has taken a bit of adjustment for all of us.  By Friday though I think we were finally into a routine that will work well:)  

After the first day Noah said that his favorite part was music, but he was disappointed that he doesn't get to ride on the bus... he even asked when we will move to some place else so he can ride the bus.  Luckily I did figure out after a few days that it is not the riding the bus part he wanted to do, but that the bus kids get to leave "sooner" than the walkers do and he didn't like feeling left behind since there are only 3-5 walkers on any given day from his class.  James had a rough time at first asking repeatedly where Noah was, but thankfully that has become less frequent.  He is so cute because every day after school he waits patiently for Noah, then runs up to him, gives him a big hug and says, "Yay Noah! I missed you! What you do at school today?".... so cute.

**I do have some new pictures that Noah has taken over the summer that I will try and remember how to add them to his "collection" at the right... he is getting pretty good with the camera.

No comments: