Friday, October 26, 2012

MAG Halloween Party







Noah's gymnastic center holds a Halloween party each year on the Friday before Halloween.  We weren't initially planning to take the kids as we knew it would be a zoo, but given that "Frankenstorm Sandy" may cancel our Halloween we thought we would get as much use out of our costumes as possible this weekend:)

This year (since last Halloween really) Noah insisted on being a ghost...... they don't really make ghost patterns... I eventually found this one for adults and adjusted it down (easier said than done... I am not sure I would go that route again). To be honest I made it out of some old curtains I had hanging around,  in total it cost almost nothing, so I think it was worth the effort.  He wore black underneath so "you won't see my legs".  James very much wanted to be a pumpkin this year.  I was really surprised at how much he insisted on being a pumpkin from the moment I asked him without hesitation, prompting or wavering.  I waited a few weeks to make sure he was serious and when he was I pulled out the costume that Noah wore at this same age, he was beyond thrilled and has been asking for Halloween for months now.

We didn't initially plan to bring Ben to the open gym since he is too small, so I didn't finish his costume in time..... he was still pretty cute playing on the trampoline.  He kids really enjoyed themselves and were completely exhausted at the end of the night! Both Noah and James tried (and loved) the zip line most.

No comments: