Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sandy





Well we had a small miracle here in that Sandy did not knock out the power on our street.  It is still a bit baffling since we lose power at the slightest breeze on this street and for many days at a time... maybe good old CMP has made some improvements to this street because Noah's school didn't have power and that is literally a block a way.  Noah had another unexpected day off from school while the rest of Portland public schools were in session.... seriously this is day 7 he has had school cancelled, but everyone else in the school system has gone, so he hasn't yet had to make up any of these days... I am not sure how I feel about those lost days, but at the same time we were so happy to have him home for another day.  This was technically the day after Sandy, so we were pleasantly surprised at the lack of rain, bright sunshine and weather in the mid 60s.

We spent the morning with our workbooks and this cool baking soda and vinegar "experiment" that kept everyone entertained for far longer than I would have thought.  I am buying baking soda in bulk these days because it is cheap and there are so many activities to do with it.  In the afternoon we played outside, took a walk around the neighborhood and explored the "storm damage".  The highlights were all of the earthworms around and the huge sticks/trees that had blown down... luckily not in our yard! 

No comments: