Monday, November 5, 2012

Dress-up and Turkeys







I am sure I have mentioned before how much I love shopping all of Target's after holiday sales.  I have discovered that I can make it to Target when it opens, do my post Halloween shopping and still get Noah to school on time (I realize that this sounds a bit crazy, but the kids are pretty subdued that early in the morning and it drives me crazy to think I may be missing a deal;)).  This is why we have halloween napkins, paper towels, soap, etc. year round! Anyhow, this year the kids have been really interested in dress-up and we have accumulated quite a few costumes from yard sales, but with 90% off costumes after Halloween we hit the jackpot this year.  We had some pretty happy super heroes and a shocked mom once I found out how much these cheaply made costumes actually cost before Halloween;)  James did enjoy himself as well, but by the time I pulled out the camera he had already had a breakdown and was done with pretending.

Things have been a bit crazy with Gabe's job search and some other things, so we have been doing projects bit by bit. We did get to make our salt dough turkeys this year again.  Noah took it upon himself to make almost everyone's turkeys this year and James insisted on having an all green (his very favorite color) turkey.  

No comments: