I fully admit to being a poor blogger of late, I have not ever gotten this far behind, but I hope to get caught up during the next week. We have had a busy and stressful November and now the holidays were in full swing.... moving on:)
The first thing to share was the ultrasound of our newest little one. Just a basic 18 week fetal survey which all looked great. In sticking with the Civiello baby tradition we have developed he/she wouldn't cooperate for pictures, but they did get a good look at all of the important structures. We have chosen, once again, not to find out the gender so we will all have to continue to wait patiently until the end of March;) Noah still says that we have too many boys already, but is coming up with gender appropriate names for both boys and girls so I think he will be fine either way. James is just excited to get to blow raspberries to the baby again, and Ben is in for a serious adjustment.... hopefully this jealousy/mommy phase will pass before March... fingers crossed!
The other big news this month was Gabe's job search. Everything happened so much faster than we were prepared for which made things even more stressful... apparently Gabe is a desired commodity;) Gabe spent most of October interviewing at various places amidst studying for and taking his boards. Then the offers started coming.... Throughout the process we tried hard to be very thankful for having so many great options, but many times we really wished that only one place had offered him a job or that one was far better than the others so that the decision would be made for us. After much perseveration we did finally make a decision that we are very excited about! Next summer we will be moving to Farmington Maine. Gabe has accepted a job with Franklin Memorial Hospital to join a group of four other pediatricians. We are thrilled to be getting back to a more rural area and serving in rural community pediatrics. More details to come on this in the next few months!
We had Thanksgiving at our house this year and per usual there are no pictures. On Thursday night we did brave the crowds for a black Friday midnight shopping trip to Target and Walmart.... We split up to be most efficient, but I am happy to say that we stuck to our game plan, were home by 1:15, I only got my foot run over by a cart once and my mom didn't fall;). The weather was fairly warm and it was a fun time had by all.... I think my dad was glad to "have to" be the one to stay home with the kids and sleep.... Friday we all ventured downtown for Portland's Christmas tree lighting ceremony complete with a Rick Charette concert. Saturday morning everyone dispersed and we headed to the Upper Valley to visit with the Yukica family and celebrate O & I's birthday. It is always great to get back to VT, even if it is just for a quick overnight trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment