It is a fine balance between digging the carrots up too early, and not having to break through the frozen earth to get them. I also prefer not to have garden chores while wearing full winter gear... it takes the fun out of it. We had, yet another, gorgeous fall day today, so after the bus came we headed to the garden. I am not sure what else to say here besides that carrots are some of the coolest veggies. We had so much fun digging all the carrots out and seeing what neat shapes or configurations they were in. We spread the carrots all out in the driveway and I let the kids go wild spraying them down with the hose... they may have sprayed down each other as well... At the end everyone picked which carrot they thought was the "coolest"... Ben is unavailable for a picture here because it was his turn to spray the hose and he was not about to give that up:)





No comments:
Post a Comment