The kids had an extra long 4 day weekend from school to celebrate Memorial Day this year and we took full advantage:) On Friday, the kids and I met our friends for a fun day of Mackworth Island and ice cream at Lib's in Portland. Our kids were so excited to show their friends the island and the tides cooperated so we were able to enjoy lots of tide pooling. We even got a picture with all of the kids smiling AND looking in the same direction. The kids were having so much fun exploring everything that we stayed for 4 hours! Things ended with the boys getting soaking wet in the ocean splashing each other... the water must have been so cold, but they had so much fun.
On Saturday Grammy came for a visit and we had a cold BBQ and campfire for s'mores. Sunday things warmed up a bit and the kids and I went in search of some pond animals while daddy was at work. Audrey fell in the mud, but thankfully earlier she had insisted on wearing this life jacket so I just pulled her up by her handle;) The kids also took the first dip in the pool this year. I believe it was around 64 degrees which is way too cold for me, but they all jumped in once and got back out... hopefully it will warm up soon.









No comments:
Post a Comment