Friday, July 17, 2015

Nobleboro 2015






Gabe was gone this weekend to his annual family golf tournament, so the kids and I took advantage in the form of a last minute road trip.  Our first stop was to visit our friends and neighbors at their family cottage in Nobleboro.  The kids spent the afternoon laying on the dock telling stories, fishing and using some positive peer pressure to get their friends to jump into the lake;) It was a wonderfully relaxing summer day at the lake.

Then Audrey started to have a bad day... She shared a room with Ben and I, and I could hear her being really restless all night, she was asleep, but constantly moving and talking in her sleep.  So, naturally, I ignored her hoping she would settle down. At 1 am she fell out of bed... she was in a slippery sleeping bag, so I fished her out from between the two beds and when consoling her I noticed she was really hot with a fever (probably why she was so restless in the first place). Luckily, I had packed the ibuprofen, so we snuck out of the bedroom (so we wouldn't wake Ben, although I am not sure how he was still asleep with all of the screaming) and into the bathroom.  In the bathroom I had to turn on the light to find the medication and I was a bit shocked to see a huge back eye on Audrey.  I didn't outwardly react since she had stopped crying, but did ask her if anything hurt... she pointed to her chin... under her chin was an even bigger bruise.  Mercifully, there was no actual broken skin for bleeding and I didn't have to break out my suture glue kit.  I gave her some ibuprofen and put her back to bed. She slept so well that the next morning Ben and I got up and left her sleeping... so, of course, when she woke up and got out of bed she locked herself in the room and couldn't turn the door knob to let herself out... I was just about to climb in through a window when my wonderfully handy friend successfully picked the lock... I am hoping that the rest of our weekend gets better from here:)

Overall, it was a great visit and we can't wait to visit again!  Thanks Abbotts!

No comments: