It is turkey trot time again! All three boys have been working hard to prepare. Ben did well in the second half of his kids run... In years past the UMF Men's basketball team comes out to run with the kids, but this year they did not, so we didn't plan to run with Ben... When he didn't come in for the first of two laps in a timely manner, Gabe went to look for him and found him wandering around the parking lot;) Gabe ran the second half of the mile with him and he did a great job!
Audrey was a bit upset when we were at registration that she was the only one without a number... Luckily, one of her care providers at the gym was there and made her a number tag. Audrey insisted on the 0.5, I have no idea why, I guess next year we will have two runners in the kids fun run:) Noah ran with Gabe and finished in 52nd place with a time of 27:53. James finished in 71st place with a time of 31:25! That was just a crazy fast time for James, he was working so hard... I tried to prepare him to go slow up a huge hill, instead he sped up and ran past a whole slew of people and I had a hard time keeping up. He says that his biggest accomplishment was that this was his first time running a 5K without water (no water stations in this race)... his post race plan was to go and drink "one hundred thousand gallons of water." Although they had fun, both boys were pretty tired and have decided to "retire" with 5Ks until next spring... :)
Audrey was a bit upset when we were at registration that she was the only one without a number... Luckily, one of her care providers at the gym was there and made her a number tag. Audrey insisted on the 0.5, I have no idea why, I guess next year we will have two runners in the kids fun run:) Noah ran with Gabe and finished in 52nd place with a time of 27:53. James finished in 71st place with a time of 31:25! That was just a crazy fast time for James, he was working so hard... I tried to prepare him to go slow up a huge hill, instead he sped up and ran past a whole slew of people and I had a hard time keeping up. He says that his biggest accomplishment was that this was his first time running a 5K without water (no water stations in this race)... his post race plan was to go and drink "one hundred thousand gallons of water." Although they had fun, both boys were pretty tired and have decided to "retire" with 5Ks until next spring... :)





No comments:
Post a Comment