This week we attended a homeschool group trip to Get Air in Portland, a trampoline park. Although we would probably never go when there are lots of other kids, this day seemed pretty safe. Since most other kids were in school, the total of 40 people in the whole arena certainly felt like we had the place to ourselves. Audrey had a great time, but really wished she were tall enough to join her brothers for the "fun" section of the arena.
On Tuesday, the kids and I were on our way home and saw a rainbow over Wilson Lake. It has been very foggy around here for a few weeks, so the rainbow was not surprising, but I realized that I had never seen the actual end of a rainbow before. This picture doesn't do it justice, but it was pretty amazing to see the end of the rainbow go right into the lake. I instantly regretted pointing it out to the kids when more than one of them started screaming and throwing a fit that we weren't going to get in a boat to go and get the gold...
For the first time in a few years we are putting ornaments on our tree. The lack of ornaments, since we moved into this house, was mostly laziness on my part, coupled with the fact that the kids weren't able to help AND highly likely to destroy something. This year though, the kids were beyond thrilled and actually really helpful. It turns out that they were excited to do the mundane job of putting the hangers on all of the ornaments... I despise that job... I guess we will have ornaments from now on. I wonder how many years until I can let them decorate it completely independently while I sit back and watch...;)
On Tuesday, the kids and I were on our way home and saw a rainbow over Wilson Lake. It has been very foggy around here for a few weeks, so the rainbow was not surprising, but I realized that I had never seen the actual end of a rainbow before. This picture doesn't do it justice, but it was pretty amazing to see the end of the rainbow go right into the lake. I instantly regretted pointing it out to the kids when more than one of them started screaming and throwing a fit that we weren't going to get in a boat to go and get the gold...
For the first time in a few years we are putting ornaments on our tree. The lack of ornaments, since we moved into this house, was mostly laziness on my part, coupled with the fact that the kids weren't able to help AND highly likely to destroy something. This year though, the kids were beyond thrilled and actually really helpful. It turns out that they were excited to do the mundane job of putting the hangers on all of the ornaments... I despise that job... I guess we will have ornaments from now on. I wonder how many years until I can let them decorate it completely independently while I sit back and watch...;)








No comments:
Post a Comment