This guy is half way to begin an adult today! I truly can't believe how fast it has gone by. Noah has grown into such an amazing, caring and thoughtful little man. He is like a third parent to his siblings and is very considerate of everyone around him. His current passions are skiing, bike riding and creating with legos. He loves teaching school to his siblings and is excited to play more violin in the coming years.
Last week he started asking me when he would be able to babysit to make some money. I tried to dodge the question a bit just saying that he had to be older, but he wanted a firm answer... We looked it up I told him that he had to be at least 11, but most people are older. He then asked what he could do to practice and get ready (he is a bit of a planner). We looked into a babysitting class, but you have to be 11 for that... I finally broke down and told him that he was likely ready to be a babysitter now, had lots of experience and usually did a better job than most parents, but just wasn't legally old enough... we settled on him keeping an eye on the kids as a way to practice while Gabe and I were out in the yard or busy doing other chores... maybe he doesn't realize that he has been doing this for years...;) Happy 9th Birthday Noah!
Last week he started asking me when he would be able to babysit to make some money. I tried to dodge the question a bit just saying that he had to be older, but he wanted a firm answer... We looked it up I told him that he had to be at least 11, but most people are older. He then asked what he could do to practice and get ready (he is a bit of a planner). We looked into a babysitting class, but you have to be 11 for that... I finally broke down and told him that he was likely ready to be a babysitter now, had lots of experience and usually did a better job than most parents, but just wasn't legally old enough... we settled on him keeping an eye on the kids as a way to practice while Gabe and I were out in the yard or busy doing other chores... maybe he doesn't realize that he has been doing this for years...;) Happy 9th Birthday Noah!

No comments:
Post a Comment