Sunday, December 10, 2017

Millinocket Half Marathon 2017












A year ago, after the 2nd Millinocket Marathon, I signed Gabe, Noah and I up for the half marathon thinking that we should hold spots just in case we decided to run it.  After our 10K Blueberry Festival run in August and Noah's comment about only running 5Ks from now on, I thought there was very little chance we would run the half marathon.  In September I checked with Noah to make our running schedule for the fall and to confirm that he definitely didn't want to run the half.  I should have known better... he was excited to run a half marathon and despite my efforts to stress the amount of training, etc. he would have to do he was still on board. So, we (here I mean Noah and I, Gabe thinks he is still young enough just go out and run 13.1 miles with minimal training) have been working hard all fall to be ready.

The race itself was a really cool experience simply in the volume of people it attracted.  We arrived the night before to check out the finish line with my nephew's log truck and to take some pictures.  The weather was really quite perfect and the sky was clear enough to see Mt. Katahdin from the Golden Road. We all had a great race, but were glad to be done;) Noah got to meet the race director, Gary Allen, after we finished and Gary gave him a special sea to summit medal.  Now Noah is determined to earn his own Sea to Summit medal next year, so I guess that means we will be running two half marathons next fall;)  

No comments: