After our really pleasant hikes in September, October, and November, we (I) decided we should make it a goal to take one hike a month for a whole year. The kids weren't super on board at first, but when I pointed out that we really only had December, January, and February left, it seemed less overwhelming to them. This hike was also more appealing because we called it a "popcorn and hot chocolate hike" which is now the standard for winter hiking.
December's hike was up Blueberry Mountain in Weld. This was an interesting hike because we last hiked it our first summer living here (over 7 years ago!). We haven't hiked it again since because it was a bit of a traumatic experience for all of us. I won't recount the story now, but it can be found HERE in a previous post if you are interested:) This hike went SO much better and we will add this hike back in to our regular rotation:)





No comments:
Post a Comment