James is now 9 months old and growing well. He is not crawling officially, but has a pretty good military crawl to get him where he needs to go. I had yet to see him pull himself to the standing position until a few nights ago. I was home by myself bathing the kids, which proves a bit tricky since James can't yet sit up on his own in the tub reliably. I sit James on the floor while I bathe Noah, but on this day he was much too excited to get in the tub so he crawled over, pulled himself up on the side of the tub, and would have attempted his first dive if I had not been there to stop him.
Interestingly we are seeing more similarities in both kids' personalities than differences, which presents a whole different set of challenges. Almost every trip out I take strangers come up to me and say things like "you can tell they are brothers" or "they look exactly a like, huh?". Just for fun I found this picture of Noah around the same age as James climbing under the exersaucer... apparently in our house one of our gages of development is when the kids start to "crawl" under the exersaucer.
No comments:
Post a Comment