A few days ago I had one of the more amazing experiences of my life. I was able to be at the birth of my nephew- Dennis Roland Witham III. Given that my two never cooperated with the "natural birth" thing, this experience was extra special to me. To watch my sister become a mother and my brother in law become a father was a remarkable transition. I will forever be greatful that I was able to experience such a special and important time in their family. It was beyond words to be able to watch my sister do something so incredible and be so strong throughout the process. It was a long haul (after 42 hours of labor he did finally arrive), but totally worth it, and I can say it was nice to be able to come home to my house and get a complete night of sleep afterwards;) Here he is- absolutely perfect and beautiful! Born September 17, 2010 at 8:44pm- 8lbs. 11oz. (I think, I was a little tired by this time). The first several pics are just after birth and the bottom few are the next morning- him getting his first bath and the proud big cousin Noah holding him. Amy & Dennis, you have already become wonderful parents and I know that will continue with each stage!
1 comment:
Congrats to Amy!! He is absolutely beautiful!! (However your comment about 42 hours of labor now has me hyperventilating! hee hee) Love you!!
Post a Comment