Friday, September 3, 2010

Brothers






Now that James is walking and getting into things, life has changed a bit for everyone.  The most exciting change (and the most challenging) is that the boys love to play together (most of the time).  It has presented challenges for us in negotiating between the two of them or letting them figure it out on their own, but those times make all the other times totally worth it.  They have started to be a bit devious together as well.  I usually sneak in to check on them before I go to bed... the other night I smelled something familiar and aromatic, but couldn't place it.  I walked over to Noah's bed and it was SOAKED.  I figured it was urine, but he was dry everywhere except his bed, the blankie and the floor... maybe he had spilled his water bottle... nope- HAND SANITIZER- almost an entire bottle!  The upsides: no one appeared to have eaten it, James appeared uninvolved AND it had all evaporated on its own by morning (I did try and clean it up, but I couldn't take his sheets or blankie away). The hand sanitizer was back in it's original spot "untouched"... the next morning from Noah "I put the stuff on my blankie".  Fast forward 3 days- this morning I walk into their room and James' mouth, face, hands, crib and diaper bucket are smeared with prescription steroid cream, and once again, the emptied tube was gently placed in its original spot. Noah is not all to blame though b/c on that same day before nap time James dumped a mug of warm coffee on himself and ate sidewalk chalk... surprisingly no trips to the ED or calls to poison control that day;) 

The first video was from the other night just before bedtime.  I had gone down cellar to get the laundry and when I came up all I heard was lots of laughter- Noah was jumping on his bed and laughing, James was "jumping" on the floor and laughing even harder when Noah would fall.  You can even see in one clip that James falls in an effort to get Noah to copy him.  The second video has no picture, just the sound (so don't forget to turn the music off at the bottom of the page). This is an almost nightly occurrence- I put the kids to bed at the same time, things are quite for about 30 seconds, then laughter, sometimes for a solid 30-45 minutes.  I have yet to figure out what they do in there that is so funny, but it must be something good!

No comments: