Friday, September 3, 2010

James- Almost 15 Months







James... where should I start... He has become such a cool kid.  It has been so much fun to really see his personality take off.  He has started giving hugs, kisses and getting into trouble... he too has a very gentle and sensitive personality (shocking I know) so we have to be careful not to raise our voices too loudly at him, and at the same time he can throw an impressive tantrum when he doesn't get his way.  Over these past few months he has started walking confidently (this is the only decent video I have of it), finally got another tooth (he is up to 7 now), shows an interest in using utensils, and does a wonderful job feeding himself and using a straw. He still only says "dada", but that is becoming more specific with it.  Thankfully he has picked up the baby signs very quickly and has over 20 of those, so he still can get his point across. His latest fascination/developmental milestone/headache for us has been putting objects in other objects... he is good at hiding things, particularly in the diaper pail, the garbage can and the toilet. He is so funny with the toilet... he appears to just try and empty Noah's potty into it just like Noah. Luckily I have been able to rescue everything thus far (I think).  The garbage can is now locked, much to Gabe's dismay, and the bathroom door stays closed ALL of the time, and I just fish things out of the laundry when I wash the diapers.  Last week I found a phone, a cow, a music shaker and about 8 snappi's for the  diapers... luckily they all sanitize easily.  The best thing about James being #2 is that I know this is a phase that will pass.  Last night Gabe was playing with the kids for a few minutes before bed and his comment was "wow, James is really sneaky with putting things in the diaper pail".  It is almost as if he just needs it to go in there,  that's where he thinks it belongs... more OCD to come I am sure...



No comments: