Sunday, November 7, 2010

Noah's swimming lessons





 Noah and James have been taking swimming lessons since September.  Usually it is just the kids and I, so it is impossible to take pictures, but Gabe got out of work early enough  last week to go with us.  As our luck goes, the heater in the pool was broken and James's class was cancelled, so I only have pictures of Noah this time around.  James was a super patient boy though...  James LOVES his swimming lessons and gets super excited to splash in the water... these lessons have made him fearless in the bathtub and other water though so we have to keep a much closer eye on him:)  At Noah's first week of swimming lessons he was scared to death... Gabe (thank goodness he could be there!!) had to sit on the side of the pool with him as he cried and refused to go near the pool... it was a very sad sight.  I thought for sure we would just be getting our money back and trying again next year.  That weekend we took him to the pool during open swim which he did well with us.  The following Monday I almost cried as I looked over and he was in the pool and swimming with his floaties just like all of the other kids!  I couldn't believe it!!!  He wasn't scared at all!  Now he is like a little fish and is pretty proud when the teacher allows him to show off his back swimming skills in front of the class.  They usually swim with a bubble belt and a noodle, but as you can see in the bottom picture, he is happy to swim with the bubble belt alone:)  

1 comment:

kathandjohn said...

So proud of our little swimmers. I thought they would learn at camp with us, but as long as they learn I am happy. Proud of Gabe & Jen for taking them and being so patient.