Yesterday we pulled out the paints. It has been a while since we have used paints because I didn't fully trust Noah and James to not make a huge mess. I was pleasantly surprised. Noah was so clean (I had to convince him many times that it was ok to get paint on his hands, that it would wash off easily) and James did such a great job listening and keeping the paint on the paper... or his face. We are taking on a project of making turkey's made from baking soda modeling clay and golf tees. We got to the drying stage yesterday and will have to finish painting them today or tomorrow... more pictures of the finished project soon, I hope!
The top picture really shows just how big Benjamin is. I thought that it was just me getting sucked into the "oh you have such a big baby" comments from strangers, but this morning we had his 2 month checkup... The comment of the morning from his pediatrician to the med student, "Wow, I wasn't expecting him to be so big". He is 25.75 inches long and a whopping 16 lbs. 12 oz.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you needing a frame of reference here- N & J were around 12-13 lbs and 23 inches long, or, the goal is generally to double your birthweight by the time you hit 4-6 months..... he was 8lbs. at birth... So, apparently I have super milk... He should be able to sleep through the night now right??
Lastly, The bottom picture is of Noah holding his latest piece of personal mail all the way from Uganda... He was pretty excited Hil!! This beautiful drawing is now hanging above his bed:)
No comments:
Post a Comment