Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend 2011
























For the first time ever Gabe and I both had Thanksgiving and the few days before and after off.  What a difference that makes for a fun and relaxing time!  We were very fortunate that everyone was willing to come to our house for Thanksgiving, and aside from a snow storm on Wednesday, the time we got to spend together was fantastic.  Everyone arrived on Thursday and we were able to play outside for a bit in the morning.  It was so warm that no one really needed snow suits, except keep their clothes from getting wet.  Trey did really enjoy himself, despite what the pictures may look like, but he seems to have an aversion to taking a group picture with his cousins:)  Dinner was pretty relaxed with good food and pie... Trey loved the fruit salad best... which was interesting since N & J refused to even try it.  Instead James opted to eat only the "candy" in the turkeys that Nanny made for the table. 

On Friday morning Amy, Gabe and I took a quick trip to Target for some surprisingly pleasant black Friday shopping (we decided we were too tired to stay up and go at midnight the night before).  The middle pictures are of James and Trey sitting on the couch watching Curious George's Christmas movie.  Trey is trying to play with James's hair, to which James wanted no part;)  Since we had some help watching the kids and it was so warm out Gabe and I took on decorating outside for Christmas.  I can't remember decorating in just a light fleece, but we did it and I am so glad that it is done.  I still refuse to turn the lights on though until December 1st.  Friday night we all trekked downtown for Portland's Christmas tree lighting and Rick Charette concert.  The kids got to meet and chat with Mr. Charette in the library before the concert... Noah was pretty excited!  

On Saturday morning it was still warm, so we packed up the kids and met Grammy, Grampy & Aunt Andrea for a hike at Wolf's Neck State Park.  There was no beach combing this time though because the tide was so high... not even a remnant of beach.  It was a very nice hike anyway and I am not sure the kids even realized we missed out on that part. On Sunday Uncle Jme and David stopped in for a visit on their way back north, it was so nice to see them (and get rid of the last of the cheesecake)!! We spent the rest of the day relaxing and getting chores done around the house.

No comments: