Our last scheduled 5K of this summer was the Color Me Rad Run in Brunswick. Noah claims this was his favorite run of the summer because "they threw color all over you".... it was my least favorite... it was not a "race" or even a run for runners I would say. I spent the entire race pushing the stroller with the 3 kids in it through the grass because there were too many people on a very narrow path. At the end I said I would never run another of these again, but since the kids had a blast and it keeps them excited about exercise, then I am open to trying another, but definitely in another location with another company. The highlight was getting to visit with Hillary and her friend! We took Audrey into the "celebration" at the end and she got a packet of color right on the back of her head:)
Since we were already close, we spent the afternoon at Popham Beach. Gabe ended up not having to work, so he got to have his first beach day of the summer. Noah and James both were able to boogie board and had a ball getting carried down the beach. The seagulls there were super pests... they first stole a sandwich I had sat on a cooler next to my knee... lesson learned. Then, as I was eating my sandwich one seemed like it was going to attack Audrey for her sandwich, but it was just a decoy while another literally took my sandwich out of my hand... no more meals/snacks at that beach:)
Since we were already close, we spent the afternoon at Popham Beach. Gabe ended up not having to work, so he got to have his first beach day of the summer. Noah and James both were able to boogie board and had a ball getting carried down the beach. The seagulls there were super pests... they first stole a sandwich I had sat on a cooler next to my knee... lesson learned. Then, as I was eating my sandwich one seemed like it was going to attack Audrey for her sandwich, but it was just a decoy while another literally took my sandwich out of my hand... no more meals/snacks at that beach:)

No comments:
Post a Comment