After the honey extraction on Friday, we headed out for our day at the Farmington Fair. The weather has been poor this week, but the rain stopped in time for us to get in a nice visit to the fair. New this year, all of the kids got to milk a real live dairy cow AND ride on a Segway!
This week also brought closure to our pool, 3 weeks past the normal closing time though, so we were happy about that. Ben took the last dip which was cold and brief.
I was rushing the kids out the door yesterday morning to get someone somewhere on time. I sent whoever was ready out to get into their seats while I helped the others get ready (not anything unusual). This day it happened to be Ben and Audrey. Usually the worst thing that happens with the two of them being the first in the car is that one of them starts fighting with the other because someone isn't getting buckled in a timely manner... not this time. I opened the door to see Ben crouched in the back seat with a pen, Audrey looking over his shoulder. Ben says to me in a super proud voice, "Hey Momma! Audrey and I were just drawing aliens!"... My honest first reaction (in my head) was, "at least if you had drawn on the walls we could paint over it". I tried to remain calm and explain that we only draw on paper all the while freaking out in my head that we will never be able to sell the car. Of course we were late and I remembered using alcohol swabs to take pen out of my pants at work, so I grabbed the hand sanitizer and quickly got off what I could. Later in the day, when I became more rational, I made Ben come out to the car and scrub off what remained. It is mostly off now... at least it is better... I am sure by the time we are ready to sell in several years someone else will do something even worse. They are cute aliens;)
This week also brought closure to our pool, 3 weeks past the normal closing time though, so we were happy about that. Ben took the last dip which was cold and brief.
I was rushing the kids out the door yesterday morning to get someone somewhere on time. I sent whoever was ready out to get into their seats while I helped the others get ready (not anything unusual). This day it happened to be Ben and Audrey. Usually the worst thing that happens with the two of them being the first in the car is that one of them starts fighting with the other because someone isn't getting buckled in a timely manner... not this time. I opened the door to see Ben crouched in the back seat with a pen, Audrey looking over his shoulder. Ben says to me in a super proud voice, "Hey Momma! Audrey and I were just drawing aliens!"... My honest first reaction (in my head) was, "at least if you had drawn on the walls we could paint over it". I tried to remain calm and explain that we only draw on paper all the while freaking out in my head that we will never be able to sell the car. Of course we were late and I remembered using alcohol swabs to take pen out of my pants at work, so I grabbed the hand sanitizer and quickly got off what I could. Later in the day, when I became more rational, I made Ben come out to the car and scrub off what remained. It is mostly off now... at least it is better... I am sure by the time we are ready to sell in several years someone else will do something even worse. They are cute aliens;)













No comments:
Post a Comment