After Children's Sunday, we headed north to Brewer to celebrate Lily's 4th birthday party at a gymnastics venue. They kids were a sweaty mess at the end, but had a great time!
James insisted on a trampoline park birthday party this year, but I didn't think he would actually go through with it since I have been trying to get the kids to have their parties anywhere but our house for years and no one will take me seriously. Needless to say, he was serious and I waited too long to be able to schedule something convenient for everyone this time of year. So, to compensate, we invited all of our family who wouldn't make it to the party to join us at Govenor's Restaurant in Orono after Lily's party. This may have been one of the top ten days in James' life... we all had dinner and then ordered the "Federal Deficit". Honestly, I have wanted to order this dessert for years, like since I was a kid, but I have never had an occasion or enough people to do so. The Federal Deficit is "A delicious combination of our Banana Split, Brownie Delight, and Strawberry Shortcake, as well as six large sundaes! We start with vanilla ice cream, then add hot fudge, caramel, peanut butter, blueberries, cherries, pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, marshmallow, a banana, a biscuit, a brownie, nuts, jimmies, and a pile of whipped cream!" As it turns out, 18 is the number of people this is appropriate for. Thank you for everyone who came out with us to celebrate. It is probably obvious, but James had an amazing time!

No comments:
Post a Comment