I didn't think we were going to make Santa's Village this year, but it was Noah's last year before we have to pay... so we made a bit of an extra effort:) We have been very fortunate to be able to visit our summer parks AND be able to spend time with friends we miss from living in the Upper Valley. We met the Burke family and Noah's little friend Reid who he had a ball with all day. Let me start at the beginning... I had to "work" or at least be on call on Saturday until 1pm. At 1 the kids and I hopped in the car and drove up to Jefferson, NH. We got to the campground, I set up the tent while the kids played, or more accurately while James screamed (He started with a fever Friday night, by Sunday he had a raging ear infection, but we largely ignored it, treated him with ibuprofen and he was fine... except for when the ibuprofen wore off). Anyhow, we had a blast camping- we went for a hay ride with the Easter Bunny, attempted to play candy bar bingo, but they were full by the time I got Jammies on the kids, so Noah and I sat around and ate our candy bars ourselves:) Then Noah decided he wanted to go swimming (7:30 at night) we were on vacation, why not? There was a wading pool there which he thoroughly enjoyed while James and I froze in our pants, sweatshirts and sneakers. After swimming Gabe (thankfully) arrived to stay the night with us, and just in time for s'mores. James did well in the tent except for the fact that he was sick and woke up screaming, the upside though, was that he slept until 8:30 the next morning... Noah was up at 6... Oh, AND, take note Pelkey's, it rained all night...
Sunday was Santa's Village... we took down the tent in the rain, it was freezing. Unbelievably, it has not rained all summer, but the day we choose to go to Santa's Village it rains, which makes me look back and realize that I have never been there without rain or 30 degree temperatures. Anyhow, it was down-pouring when we went into the park, I wasn't planning on staying long in the rain, so I didn't bring my camera... LUCKILY, Christ and Broc brought theirs and shared pics with us, THANKS GUYS!! It turned out to be an perfect day to be at the park- after noon time it was light drizzle, no lines, no crowd, nice temperature. Best of all, Noah got to spend time with Reid and had a great time. Yes, they are riding on the animals in the manger scene... Reid went on all of the rides, Noah went on almost all of the rides (I think we may have traumatized him a bit with too many forced trips on the roller coaster and log flumes;). Thanks for coming with us guys we had a great day!











No comments:
Post a Comment