Friday, September 3, 2010

Noah- 3.5 years!




Noah is such a fun kid right now.  He loves imaginary play, building things, and has recently started drawing actual things and not just scribbles.  He continues to be a sweet, sensitive kid with a very tender heart.  He is always willing to help out with James or with doing chores, especially jobs with daddy.  The top pictures were of a "city" he built all by himself with "a door here and here, two rocking boats up high, that's silly.  One, two corn, a red triangle, and this blue thing".  He has made some pretty major and exciting gains in his overall development.  As I mentioned in a previous post his language has improved which has led to some pretty funny things.  Every time he says something cute I say, "I should write that down", and then I forget.  The few funnier ones I can remember are:

1- A few months ago we were backing the car out of the driveway, Gabe was post call and we hit the side view mirrors which made an awful sound.  Gabe and I sat there in silence and Noah, from the back seat says, "Uh... guys... we have a problem"... no damage done to either car, but Noah certainly lightened the mood in those few minutes:)

2- Noah has been doing SO WELL with potty training to now only wearing diapers at nap and bedtime (largely because he tends to hold his poop until then).  Over the past week or two he has started pooping on the potty and each time he does he labels it according to it's shape or appearance- banana poop, pine cone poop, crumb poop, whale poop, and raccoon/plain poop..... I am sure no further description is necessary.  It baffles me that he comes up with these things on his own. 

3- Last week I was getting Noah dressed for the day up on the changing table and I don't remember what we were talking about, but he says to me, "Mommy, when I get bigger I can reach my gummy bears, whistle, and drive a car".  Nice to see where his priorities are:)  Even better was next day I was trying to remember exactly what he said so I could tell Gabe, I couldn't remember one of them and he pipes up from the back seat and tells me exactly what he had said.

I could go on all day about these kids, but I will spare you any further rambling:)  We love them both so much and are enjoying every minute of this journey with them both as part of our family!!  We are off to Southwest Harbor this weekend for a wedding, pics soon after I hope!

1 comment:

Toru said...

Yeah, Noah's words are really funny.
I cannot wait for Nodoka to speak.