Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day 2011







The kids and I had a really fun Memorial Monday, and it was such a beautiful day that it was hard to be inside and get anything done.  In the morning we went to Portland's Memorial Day Parade, which promised an Air Force fly over, which never happened, but luckily Noah didn't remember that part.  It parade was short, but the kids really enjoyed it, especially the huge military vehicle.  Both kids spent the rest of the day pretending to be marching in the parade either waving from their fire trucks, carrying a flag, or playing an instrument.  The kind man sitting next to us offered to take our picture, but James had just woken up and this is all we got:)  

After the parade we went to the hospital to meet Gabe for lunch.  Since it was such a beautiful day we were able to have a picnic out on the grass of the Western prom.  The kids were thrilled to see Gabe and chase him around the park.  After nap time we went to a friend's house for a BBQ and more sprinkler play.  

Now that summer is officially here we have lots of things we are looking forward to starting soon.  The kids and I will resume our swimming lessons in 2 weeks and Noah will start summer camp at Camp Ketcha, which he is beyond thrilled about!  James will continue at the daycare by himself, but I don't think that he will mind much.  Then, starting on September 2nd they will be home with me and baby #3:):)  Which I really can't wait for!!  Speaking of pregnancy things, I really am growing fast now.  Patients are starting to notice that I am pregnant over the past 2 weeks, so something has changed.  Our last appt. went well, I had gained 7 lbs. in 4 weeks, but I think that I remember doing the same thing with the other 2.  So far this pregnancy doesn't feel any different and I have no sense yet of who is in there (boy or girl), but Noah continues to be adamant that he is having a sister... I have to keep reminding him that it could be a boy and that it would be ok to have a brother.  He is still stuck on the name "Jake" regardless of gender. He has been really funny about this pregnancy... he is always reminding James to be careful when crawling on my belly, and when he talks to the baby it almost always responds by kicking for him... very cute.  What I think that he is most excited about, and talks about constantly, is "we get to have the green car back when the baby comes"... we have traded cars with Gabe for the better gas mileage of the Corolla, but apparently Noah likes the Subaru better...

No comments: