Monday, August 1, 2011

Haircuts and Daddy Time:)






We returned from our fun weekend up north exhausted, but excited to be home since we hadn't really seen Gabe for several weeks for more than a few hours because of a rotation he did in Vermont.  As is often the case, the chores had piled up on me (it is way more fun to play during the day;)) and one thing I had neglected were haircuts... to be honest this is largely due to the cost and frequency that boys seem to need them:)  Gabe was so busy with work and so desperate for a haircut a few months ago he made me go buy a pair of clippers and cut his hair.  It was really funny at the time since I had never cut hair before and I had never seen him with a buzz cut, but once we adjusted to it we realized that it was fast and cheap;)  SO, this time around Noah insisted on his hair being cut like daddy's.  I thought for sure that the loud sound of the clippers would scare him and he would chicken out after I cut the first swath, so I tried negotiating with him every way possible to wait until the next day and we would go to get a real haircut... I lost that negotiation and he too got a buzz cut.  He is very proud of his haircut and insists on telling everyone that "mommy cut it". His hair is really funny because it is so blond at the roots that it is almost white, but it always grows out red... Initially I thought he looked more like a bald cancer patient, but I am getting used to it and it was free!  James, you will notice did Not get any kind of haircut... We tried to get him to watch Gabe get his haircut with Noah, but he got upset and went into a bit of a rage.  I had never seen anything like it, he was not just crying, but screaming and throwing anything he could get his hands on... so, James spent the entire time watching a show in the living room.... maybe in a few years:)   

No comments: