Well, the kids and I have had a busy weekend, and made the most of Gabe working nights and sleeping during the days (I am sure he is glad that we are gone and out of the house). Noah set a new record this week by having his face painted 3 days in a row. Friday at day camp they celebrated "carnival day" where he got a spider painted on his face, learned about a popcorn machine, and ate his first cotton candy. Saturday we went to the "Art in the Park" in South Portland where they had a free Rick Charette concert which was super fun for the kids (and more so maybe my dad who I am quite sure made a special diversion from his road trip for this specific reason;)). Noah got to meet Rick Charette and join the kids up on stage. Poor James was very tired since this was happening at the beginning of nap time, so it was all he could do to stay awake. They both also made "super hero capes"(aka bags) and Noah chose a sun and James a butterfly for face painting. Today the kids and I spent the entire morning doing chores and running errands, which everyone handled better than expected (Thankfully!!). We woke Gabe up a bit early and made our way down to the Italian festival in the old port. Even though we were only there for an hour, we got our fill of meatballs, games, the bouncy house, and more face painting (N- italian flag, J- whale). It is fun to squeeze in family time where we can! The bottom two pictures are of Noah's new thoughts about art- statues... the one to the left is called, "snowmobile" and the on to the right is called some type of made up words that I can't remember to write down here, but I assure you it was very much Dr. Seuss inspired!
No comments:
Post a Comment