Noah and James have come to a really cool time in their relationship of being brothers. They have definitely started to roughhouse more and more, which inevitably leads to actual fighting, crying, biting, etc. James usually will knock Noah over and Noah takes offense, of James gets frustrated and bites Noah... they haven't yet figured out to interpret the social cues or the communication necessary to tell with the other is just playing or really mad. Anyhow, despite the increase in "boy play" at our house (I use the term boy play lightly b/c I can totally remember doing these same things to my sister;)) they have also really shown more and more how much they love each other and enjoy the other's company. This summer James has gone to daycare and Noah to a day camp. I have been struck by how much they seem to really miss each other. The other day while driving James to drop him off Noah said to him, "James, I wish you were bigger to come to summer camp with me". Other times that the two are separated to have "special time" with either parent I notice that they don't actually know what to do- James seems to be lost and uninterested in playing at the playground and Noah will talk about missing James... It is very sweet. This is how I found them the other day when I walked into the living room... hopefully this will continue when the new baby arrives... only a few more weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment